Chinese Athletic Association, Xiamen Municipal Government
Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Sports, Xiamen Media Group
III. Operating Institution
XMG Sport Co., Ltd.
IV. Date and Venue
To be held in Xiamen at 7:30 a.m. January 7, 2018 (Sunday).
Marathon (42.195 km)
VI. Groups of Race
(I) Individual race of men’s Marathon;
(II) Individual race of women’s Marathon;
(III) Cross-Strait Invitational Marathon Tournament.
VII. Race Route
The Start and Finish are set at Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center.
Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center (The Start) → Huizhan Road → South Huizhan Road → South Island Ring Blvd → Yanwu Bridge → Lujiang Ave → Retracing Point (near Xiamen Shiqiao Center) → Lujiang Ave → Yanwu Bridge → South Island Ring Blvd → East Island Ring Blvd (eastward) →Retracing Point (near Guanyinshan on the Island Ring Blvd)→ East Island Ring Blvd (westward) → South Huizhan Road → Huizhan Road → Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center (The Finish).
(I) The race shall be implemented as per the latest rules and regulations authorized by Chinese Athletic Association and as per the rules and regulations for this race.
(II) Start order: Runners shall be positioned in the order of invited elite athletes, followed by other contestants who shall be positioned and arranged by zone in strict terms of personal race result.
(III) Order Issuing: The measure of simultaneous start at three separate gunfires shall be adopted. Participating contestants will be informed of the specific order issuing program at separate gunfires contingent on the status of registration.
(IV) Roll call: The method of inductive timing chips and race number bib check shall be adopted for one-by-one roll call. Three zones A, B and C are divided from the fastest to the slowest as per contestants’ personal race result on registration. Contestants need to undergo the roll call at the inlet of the corresponding zone within the specified time for roll call. Contestants from a faster zone are allowed to undergo the roll call and start running in a slower zone, but contestants from a slower zone are disallowed to undergo the roll call and start running in a faster zone (i.e., Contestants from Zone A are allowed to undergo the roll call and start running in Zones B - C, but neither contestants from Zone C nor contestants from Zone B are allowed to undergo the roll call and start running in Zones A - B and Zone A respectively. Provided that the contestant has passed by the starting point at time earlier than the order issuing time of his/her starting zone, his/her race result and rank will be canceled and he/she will be inflicted with suspension penalty for one year. Contestants are no longer allowed to enter the racing course and start running 15 minutes after the third gunfire of order issuing. The invited elite athletes must undergo separate roll call within the specified zone for roll call 30 minutes in advance to the race. The race result of those who fail to undergo the roll call will be invalid for being the official race result.
(V) Timing Method
1.Inductive timing shall be adopted for the race. The inductive timing chips will start timing when contestants pass the starting line. Contestants must wear the disposable timing chip provided by the organizing committee in order to make the race result valid.
2. Participants must go through all inductive timing blankets on the ground one by one, which are respectively placed at the starting point, the points per 5 km, the 21.0975 km point, the retracing point and the finishing point. They will be disqualified for the ranking if missing the record at any one of the timing points even having finished the race within the gate closing time.
(VI) Gate closing distance and time
In order to ensure contestants in safety throughout the race and urban road traffic order, the inductive timing blankets for race shall stop working after the closure at each point per kilometer, so that traffic regulation is dismissed from the racing course and the road returns to the normal traffic order. Participants ought to stop racing and exit the race course in time, waiting for the organizing committee’s pick-up vehicle or taking a public vehicle to arrive at the terminal. Otherwise, the contestant will autonomously undertake the corresponding legal responsibilities and liability to pay compensation for the accident thereupon.
Gate closing time is subject to the gun time. See the following table for details:
(VII) Depositing and collecting personal belongings: Participants shall store their articles in the specified area around the starting point as per their race number zone and claim their deposited personal articles by presenting their own race number bib in an area corresponding to their race number within the after-race service area. The Organizing Committee suggests that no valuables be left in bags (e.g., mobile phones, valid credentials, cash, keys, credit cards, iPad, etc.). In case of any damage or loss, participants shall take responsibilities by themselves. The service for collecting the deposited articles after race will be available until 4:00 p.m. on the race day. Those who fail to collect the deposited articles in time please process the claim at the frontier hall office of the Stadium of Xiamen Sports Center within 5 days after the race. Articles that remain deposited behind the time limit will be disposed of as unclaimed by the organizing committee.
(VIII) Water, beverages, and refreshments stations
(IX) Medical aid
1. Fixed medical aid stations are to be set at the starting and finishing points and along the courses (every 2.5 kilometer from the 5 km point).
2. Peripatetic AED medical aid service personnel are to be staffed along the race course.
3. Medical service volunteers are to be staffed along the racing track to assist with medical aid and to maintain the order of race. Contestants can ask them for help anytime. In case of some contestant losing consciousness during the race, the emergency volunteers to the organizing committee will be in automatic commission to take every means for emergency aid, including but not limited to CPR （cardio-pulmonary resuscitatio), AED, and fast transfer via rented vehicle or aircraft.
(X) Anti-doping test will be conducted as per relevant regulations to contestants.
(XI) Race result certificate. Contestants who have finished the race within the specified closing time please log into the official website of events after race to query race result, download and print the race result certificate.
(XII) Please read “Guide for Runners” and relevant instructions for details on other specific requirements and arrangements of the race.
IX. Procedures on Participation
(I) Age requirement: Over 20 years of age (born before December 31, 1998).
(II) Physical requirement: The Marathon sport is a long-distance, heavy-load and high-intensity sport, and is also a high-risk competitive event, with high requirements on contestants’ physical condition. Contestants ought to be in physical health with the basis of long-term participation in long-distance running exercise. People with the following physical conditions are prohibited to register and participate in the race:
1. Congenital and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and serious cardiac arrhythmia;
5. Hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia diabetes;
6. Influenza 2 weeks before the racing day;
8. Other diseases unsuitable for sports.
(III) Registration procedure
1. Event capacity: 30,000 The means of preregistration is adopted. Qualification for participating in the race will be determined by means of random lottery after registering people outnumber the quota.
2. Team registration is unacceptable.
3. Registering participants can log into the official website of the race (www.xmim.org) and preregister as per relevant requirements within the specified time. Please pay attention to the registration time and “Registration Notice” published on the official website, WeChat and microblog.
4. Objects that can directly receive the qualification for participation:
(1) Invited elite athletes of the Organizing Committee and contestants coming from foreign friendship cities;
(2) Contestants with permanent race number of Xiamen Marathon;
(3)Contestants of Cross-strait Invitational Marathon Tournament;
(4) Contestants whose personal race results in marathon achieves the “elite level” (subject to the data of scores accessible on “Chinese Marathon Information Platform” (www.runchina.org.cn)) on events which are authenticated by CAA as “Class-A events” during January 1, 2015 - 6:00 p.m. on September 12, 2017 (registration deadline,till 6:00 p.m.) as per “The Implementation Procedure for Rating Mass Contestants on Marathon and Relevant Sports within Chinese Territory”published by CAA on June 1, 2016. Below is the standard on result of elite contestants in marathon:
(5) Contestants who have won the men’s top 300 or women’s top 150 in 2016 C&D Xiamen (Haicang) Half Marathon and whose age meets the rules and regulations of this race;
(6) Overseas contestants;
(7) 100 applicants-to-be in public welfare running. Contestants choosing the public welfare running shall be processed on a first-registering-first-approved basis without drawing lots up to the quota. Contestants registering for the public welfare running may enjoy the qualification of being issued the finishing-race medal by no more than two relatives within the demarcated area around the finishing point.
5.The following contestants can get the qualification for participation by drawing lots:
(1) Contestants who finish the marathon within 6 hours (The race results are all subject to the chip time announced on “Chinese Marathon Information Platform”);
(2) Contestants who finish the half marathon within 3 hours (The race results are all subject to the chip time published on “Chinese Marathon Information Platform”);
6. Contestants to be rejected from registration:
(1) Contestants who have been inflicted with suspension penalty by the Organizing Committee for violating relevant rules on 2016 C&D Xiamen (Haicang) International Half Marathon and 2017 C&D Xiamen International Marathon;
(2) Contestants who have been inflicted with suspension penalty by CAA for violating relevant event rules;
7. Contestants who have participated in Xiamen Marathon for cumulative 10 years and who have finished the race within the closing time (subject to the manual of race results) can select their own permanent race number when registering again for participation. Deadline on submitting documents: 6:00 p.m. on September 28, 2017.
8. The committee will notify the result of lot winning by means of short message, email, etc. in 10 days after the registration deadline. Applicants can also query by themselves via the personal center on the official website of events.
9. The committee will refund the registration fee to the lot losers in the original route in 15 days since announcing the result of lot winning.
10. Please read “Guide for Race Package Collection” published on the official website of events, Wechat and microblog for collecting race package.
11. For unsettled matters among the above, please view “Registration Notice” published on the official website of events, WeChat and microblog.
(IV) Registration Fee
1. Domestic participants (including those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan areas): RMB120 per person
2. Foreign participants: $50 per person
3. Public welfare running: RMB 2000 per person
4. Free of charge for invited elite athletes, contestants with permanent race number for Xiamen Marathon, and contestants in Cross-Strait Invitational Marathon Tournament.
(V) Race package shall not be issued and registration fee shall not be refunded to those who have received the qualification for participation and are incapable of attending the race. The organizing committee can offer to retain the qualification for participating in the next session of race straightforward, but the contestants must register again and pay up the registration fee. Contestants who have received the qualification for participation for two consecutive years but who failed to attend both races will be disqualified for registering and participating in the race of the following year.
X. Matriculated Ranks & Awards
(I) Ranking Prize (admission according to the gun time result)
(II) Record-breaking awards (admission according to the gun time result):
1. USD 20,000 will be awarded for breaking the men’s record 2:06:19 (only for the champion) and women’s record 2:19:52 of Xiamen Marathon respectively (only for the champion);
2. USD 40,000 will be awarded for achieving the best result in (men’s and women’s) marathon within Chinese territory (only for the champion);
3. World record awards (for men’s and women’s): USD 1,000,000 (only for the champion);
(III) Special Awards for Chinese contestants (admission according to the chip time result)
1. Reward object: contestants who have obtained the Chinese nationality prior to the deadline of the registration.
2. Reward criteria: contestants whose marathon race result meets the following requirements will receive the following bonuses respectively.(Unit: RMB)
(IV) Award for Xiamen residents(admission according to the chip time result)
1. Awarded object: Contestants who have received citizenship of Xiamen prior to the registration deadline.
2. Age divisions: men’s and women’s groups between 20 and 40 years old (i.e., born within the period from 1998 to 1978); men’s and women’s teams over 40 years old (i.e., born before 1978).
3. Awarding measure: Top 8 finishers in each team will be awarded bonus and medals (unit: RMB).
(V) Method for receiving awards
1. The list of winners shall be publicized on the official website of events for 10 workdays up from the next day after the race. For any objection to the award winners’ race result within the period of publicity, please contact the competition department of organizing committee and provide authentic valid evidence. The matriculated rank of anyone who is reported to violate the race rules and relevant provisions of regulations, as has been investigated, proved and confirmed, shall be canceled, and the rank shall not be supplemented once canceled.
2. The winners of ranking prize, record-breaking awards and special awards for Chinese contestants shall pass the anti-doping test. Those who fail to pass the anti-doping test, his/her race result and rank will be canceled and the rank shall not be supplemented.
3.The bonus of ranking prize, record-breaking awards and special awards for Chinese contestants will be distributed after the coming out of the anti-doping test result.
4. To receive bonus, winning contestants shall provide your personal valid bank card number, photocopy of identity card and telephone number.
5. Winners of simultaneous multiple awards shall be awarded only the highest award.
(V) 20% personal income tax must be levied on all the above awards set, as per the regulations on tax income within Chinese territory.
(VI) The organizing committee shall provide racing T-shirts, race bags, number bibs, disposable chips and Guide for Runners for all participating contestants.
(VII) Only contestants who finish the race within the closing time may receive the finishing-race package and medals.
XI. Procedure on Penalty
(I) In order to enhance the management of sportsmanship and discipline in racing, the organizing committee strictly prohibits transferring (selling) or receiving (buying) qualifications for participation in private and prohibits anyone from accessing the track to participate by means of imposture, rub running, counterfeiting of the race number bib and using nonofficial race number bib. Once detected, the violator will be forbidden lifelong to participate in all events held by the organizing committee of Xiamen Marathon and reported to Chinese Athletic Association to impose additional penalties. All aftermaths as a consequence of imposture, rub running, counterfeiting the race number bib and so forth shall be undertaken on the violator’s own. Where economic loss and severe consequences have resulted, the organizing committee will reserve its right to inquire into the violator’s legal responsibilities.
(II) Video surveillance will be carried out by the organizing committee at the starting point, every 5 km timing points, the retracing point and the finishing point during the race. The organizing committee shall treat anyone of the following cases with separate penalties, depending on the severity of circumstances, ranging from disqualifying the contestant to match and canceling his/her race result to forbidding the contestant from the race for 1-2 years or lifelong, and report to Chinese Athletic Association to impose additional penalties.
1. The participant carries another’s timing chip, or one participant carries above 2 (inclusive) timing chips simultaneously in the race ;
2. Disobeying the specified start order or start running in a non-specified area;
3. Actions violating the rules when starting to run;
4. Finishing the race by means of relay;
5. Refusing to cease the race after the gate closing time or going back to the course after exiting from the race;
6. Taking shortcuts or transportation vehicles midway rather than finishing the whole journey along the specified route;
7. Breaching the stipulated requirement by repeating passing the finishing point or by passing the finishing point in private to get the finishing-race medal and souvenir without finishing the race;
8. Failing to carry the personal race number bib to pass the finishing point as per the stipulated requirement;
9. Counterfeiting the race number bib in private, passing the finishing point using the race number bib of another or the previous Xiamen Marathon race to get the finishing-race medal, etc.;
10. Accessing the qualification for participating in the race by taking advantage of false information or by pretending to be an overseas contestant;
11. Uncivilized behaviors (e.g. open defecation, throwing garbage anywhere, etc.);
12. Refusing to follow the instructions of the working staff of events, disturbing the race or assembling a crowd to make trouble;
13. Other behaviors violating the race rules and regulations.
(I) Participants shall buy insurance autonomously.
(II) The committee shall offer a separate personal accident insurance for each contestant in this race, the policy of which shall be subject to the registered information. Applicants shall undertake the liability on their own if invalidly insured due to the erroneous or false registered information.
XIII. Xiamen Marathon Organizing Committee
(I) Registration Office Tel: +86-0592-5372205/5372206, Fax: 5372100
(II) Registration Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(III) Official Website: http://www.xmim.org
(IV) Address: NO.2 Tiyu Road, Siming District, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China
XIV. The right to interpret these rules and regulations belongs to Xiamen Marathon Committee. Unsettled matters shall be noticed in addition.
Xiamen Marathon Organizing Committee